Hallus valgus treatment without operation
STOP HALLUX VALGUS FORMATION (PERIOSTOSIS) or PREVENT ITS DEVELOPMENT
The formation of Hallux valgus is unfortunately a genetical tendency, but it depends on us to let it grow or not.
What leads to the Hallux valgus formation?
- Everyone who has a sedentary job is likely to have static overpressure, the weight line moves to the front, so pressure rather goes to the phalanges instead of the centre of the heel bone. Due to this, flat feet develop and the leg joints displace.
- The articular cartilage surface gets deformed because of overpressure.
- Inflamed epithelial cells appear because of permanent micro traumas, which cause more trouble to the surface of the joints – redness and swelling appear at the basal joint of the big toe.
- The pressure, caused by our shoes, increase this progress, recurrent callosities appear, which increases the swelling and pain.
What are the factors, that can be found at every misshapen foot?
- Improper, narrow, too high- or too flat-heeled or hard sole shoes cause further displacement of the weight line and result in an imbalance of weight bearing
- When the ankle joints and other joints are loose, it can also result in displaced position of the weight line. Weak foot muscles can not keep the original shape of the sole/foot. Lack of physical activity and lack of walking barefoot also contribute to the weakness of these muscles.
Conventional treatment options:
· it is not a solution because of the static overpressure
· it causes scars
· many times the original complaint comes back
· it can not stop further deformation
· it requires several weeks to recover
· Insufficient result without correction
· It is not a solution for inflammation
· Static and dynamic correction of the skeletal system by manual therapy methods
· Reduction of arthritis with special treatment
· Stabilization with TAPE
· Muscle and ligament strengthening with special exercises.
Recommended period of treatment: 4-5 weeks, once a week
The number of treatments can vary depending on the seriousness of the illness.
- appointment: discussion of diagnostic and individual treatment, manual correction, description of joint cleansing treatment, gymnastic exercises - 50 minutes
- appointment: control of the correction, placement of the TAPE, practicing foot strengthening exercises - 30 minutes
3.-5. appointment: placement of the TAPE, practicing ankle strengthening exercises – 30 minutes
The treatments are performed by Fucsik Erzsébet manual therapist, physiotherapist
Obviously a periostosis existing for decades can not be removed, but it is advised to contact us in order to prevent further deterioration, to decrease the inflammation and to ease the pain.